At Sweden Ghana Medical Centre, we explore new ways of taking away the burden of cancer. By building on strengths in all departments including medical physics, radiography and radiotherapy, nursing and chemotherapy and pharmacy, we strive to advance research from treatment planning to delivering therapy, towards better cancer management.
Below is a list of some of the researches we are involved in:
Publications and Presentations
- Chris Osam Doudoo et al., “A Prospective Study to Investigate the Placement of Setup Skin Markings for Larger Breasted Women Undergoing External Beam Radiotherapy (RT) for Breast Cancer “, International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology (IJSRST), Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Volume 6 Issue 2, pp. 99-122, March-April 2019. https://doi.org/10.32628/IJSRST19622
- Chris Osam Doudoo, George Felix Acquah. “Clinical use of electronic portal imaging to analyze tumor motion Variation during a 3D-conformal prostate cancer radiotherapy using online target verification and implanted markers” International journal of cancer therapy and oncology. http://ijcto.org/index.php/IJCTO/article/view/0204.4/ijcto.0204.4html
- George F. Acquah and Bernhard Schiestl. Quality Assurance and Performance Evaluation of an Elekta Linear Accelerator: Results from Over a Year QA Experience in Ghana. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR) (2014) Volume 14, No 1, pp. 354-363.
- George Felix Acquah, Bernhard Schiestl, Afua Yeboah Cofie, Jeanette Obeng Nkansah, Magnus Gustavsson. Radiation dose reduction without degrading image quality during computed tomography examinations: Dosimetry and quality control study. (2014), Int J Cancer Ther Oncol 2014; 2(3):02039. DOI: 10.14319/ijcto.0203.9.
- K.O. Akyea-Larbi, C. Schandorf, F. Hasford, S. Inkoom, T.A. Sackey, G.F. Acquah. Assessment of Cancer Incidence and Mortality Risks associated with effective dose of computed tomography examinations. (2016), JAST, Vol. 20 Nos.1&2, pp. 17-22.
- Agbeve, C. Doudoo, G.F. Acquah, P. Oppong and A. Shulman. Evolution of the ideal workflow: A case study of prostate cancer radiotherapy at SGMC. Physica medica. 2015; 31 S1-S14
- O. Kyeremeh, G.F. Acquah, M. Pokoo-Aikins, T. Dery and F. Hasford. Development of an Independent Monitor Unit Verification Program for Photon Beams in 3-Dimensional Conformal Treatment Planning System. IJSRST. 2017; 3(3): 554-560
- 19TH ISRRT WORLD CONGRESS, SEOUL, KOREA: Oral presentation on Dose optimization methods during radiotherapy imaging: A case study of dose Optimization during prostate cancer irradiation with fiducials at SGMC ltd. – Oct, 2016. By Chris Osam Doudoo
- 19TH ISRRT WORLD CONGRESS, SEOUL, KOREA: Poster presentation on the use of spacers in optimizing rectal dose during prostate cancer irradiation – Oct, 2016.
- “Setup rotational error reduction initiatives for large intact breast irradiation: The SGMC experience” 3RD ESTRO FORUM (April – May 2015), BARCELONA, DOI:10.3252/pso.eu.estro2015.2015 Abstract number: EP-1615. Virtual gallery Poster Presentation BY Chris Osam Doudoo
- Offline bony anatomy and online gold marker protocols for prostate cancer target verification: The SGMC experience. Biennial elekta TPS users meeting, ITALY. October 29th – November 1st 2014.
- International Conference on Advances in Radiation Oncology, Vienna, Austria. June 2017. Poster on Evaluation of Metallic Implant Artifact on Photon Beam Calculation Algorithms: A study Using CIRS Thorax Phantom.
- School of Medical Physics for Radiation Therapy: Dosimetry and Treatment Planning for Basic and Advance Applications, Trieste, Italy. 27 march-7 April 2017. Poster on Breast Dosimetry: A Case Study between Tangential Wedge fields and Field-in-Field 3D Conformal Forward Planning.
- School of Medical Physics for Radiation Therapy: Dosimetry and Treatment Planning for Basic and Advance Applications, Trieste, Italy. 27 march-7 April 2017. Poster on the Status of Medical Physics in Radiotherapy in Ghana
- School of Allied and Nuclear Medicine, University of Ghana. Feb 2016. Atomic Campus, Department of Medical physics. Presentation on IGRT in Prostate cancer treatment using gold marker and EPID.
- O. Kyeremeh, V.D. Atuwo-Ampoh, E.W. Fiagbedzi and C. Ahadzie. Poster presentation; Medical physics education in Ghana. College on medical physics, 2016; ICTP-Italy