Job Title: Medical Physicist
Reports To: Medical Director
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the leading and first private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa.SGMC covers the full range of cancer specialties; our highly skilled team uses state-of-the art equipment and European-standard treatment techniques to provide high quality radiation treatment. In addition, the Centre uses modern virtual simulation and CT-based 3D treatment planning capabilities aimed at precisely targeting radiation delivery to tumors, while protecting normal tissues. Our cancer treatment plans and modern radiotherapy techniques give all our patients their best chance to fight cancer, to survive cancer and to improve their quality of life.
Team spirit is our strength. We are receptive, keen to learn from the diverse viewpoints of all our colleagues, and always seeking to improve our skills. Together we share the responsibility for SGMC’s future and for advancing the services we deliver to patients from across Africa. We share knowledge, ideas and information in an open and honest way, in a climate of transparency, trust and respect for one another. We uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior. In everything we do, we always strive to take away the burden of cancer.
Job Function and Related Performance Criteria
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to cancer treatment and research as we strive to give our patients the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in private oncology treatment in West Africa.
As a Junior Medical Physicist, you will be expected to act according to SGMC’s vision as a Centre of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be expected to achieve a high standard of performance as a Medical Physicist, while you deliver on the following broad job requirements. The successful candidate would work under the direct supervision of the Clinical Practice Manager Physicists and Dosimetry team by:
- Undertaking all clinical activities on the Linear accelerator as well as the CT and MRI.
- To be responsible for dosimetric parameters on the Linear accelerator as well as the CT
- To address image quality related issues on the CT and MRI
- To participate in the treatment planning activities
- To ensure maintenance of appropriate quality assurance for equipment, treatment delivery, compliance with radiation safety and conformal treatment planning.
- To support the medical physicist team
- To assist with Brachytherapy procedures
- Represent SGMC in the Oncology Community in Ghana.
Qualification, Skills & Experience
- Experience: Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Education: Master’s Degree, Medical Physics of an approved University.
- License/Certification: Certified Medical Physicist by the Ghana Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC) as well as, a member of the Ghana Society of Medical Physics (GSMP).
- Candidate must be ready to learn and familiarize themselves with working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Above-market average
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JOB
All interested applicants, should please email their CV and applications to:
Closing Date: Friday,16th October 2020